Sunday 29 November 2009

When the body takes over

I stand in awe as my body lies in another's arms,
I watch in wonder how it rests in another's curves.

There ws a dream once,
Of a firm shoulder and a warm breast,
But like everything else,
Dreams shifted in their place.

Like the tree that welcomes four seasons
And the river that carries new memories every day,
My body embraces fresh smells and skins,
Shedding them like snake-moults every night.

It delights in the contractions of lust,
Unabashed, it screams in joy at each hurt.
It becomes a saint for the day and the whore of the night,
It laughs at the moral farce and flirts with carnal desires.
It challenges the heart, beats the logic of the mind,
And like wanton breeze,
Slides through faces and deep-seated drives.

All the while, I stand in lost thoughts,
Unknowing whether to admire or despair.
When my body walks ahead of me,
What can I do but follow it lamely?

And yet, we come together for a while,
Before the nightfall, before the taste of sweat n blood prevails:
She tells me that she loves me,
And I say, so do I.

One comforting hug, and we fall apart,
But I know her feelings well,
And she knows mine.

5 comments:

ayaniv said...

Dear Namita,
Good try. Wonder what was going in your mind when you wrote these lines? Lust? Love? Whatever it may be, but do pen more often...little bit editing and rewriting, you could turn these lines into a literary piece of poetic work... Nice to read something different...
Good, keep up the good work.
Regards,
Vinaya

Deepika said...

ah!

even the body has a mind of its own!

awesome versification ;)

cheers!

Namitha said...

Thanks guys!
@Vinaya- Does it matter what was in my mind? It is an expression of the body, not thoughts... :)

ayaniv said...

Dear Namita,

Well,I will not waste your time explaining that you cannot delinate thoughts from your body, your expression/thoughts are there because you are alive; byproduct of an active and ticking mind/body.

When someone writes something(original), it is a result of the life's varied influences...

Call me a psychoanalyst, words can speak volumes about you...

As a journalist may be I was and still am always curious to know what runs behind people's mind when they write something.

But thanks anyways, not keen on knowing about it also anymore. All I wanted to convey was it was nice to read something from your side. All I remember was Vinod bragging about your writing skills when you had joined the PA. So was keen to read something from your end. That's all...

Vinaya

Namitha said...

Hey Vinaya, I didn't mean to offend you by saying that! Sorry if you felt so. And thanks for taking time out to read my poems. They are an artistic expression of my self, but my writings may not always be derived from 'my' experiences. I could be writing them as someone else, you know :) If you're interested, the blog has many other poems. Do let me know what you think of them. A psychoanalytical viewpoint is welcome!
Cheers,
Nami