Sunday 7 April 2013

Funerals

I have attended
all my funerals -
buried my selves
with no pomp or show
except fitting tears
and beautiful elegies.
After each heartbreak
there would be a me -
an us, a memory -
to bury
and move on.
After each funeral
I have risen,
Restored,
Only to walk up to my
next funeral.
Every burial
has been more sombre
than the previous,
Every new elegy
more beautiful.
There's one last funeral
I need to attend
before saying 'hi' to you -
The burial of
my last sane self.

March 26, 2013

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Gripping !

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my mind! You appear to understand so
much approximately this, like you wrote the ebook in it or something.

I feel that you just can do with a few p.c.
to pressure the message house a bit, however instead of that, that is
wonderful blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

My web page :: genf20 plus

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Here is my web site ... exercises to increase vertical

Namitha said...

Thanks for reading, everyone!